So since I'm new to this stay-at-home mom lifestyle, I was happy to find this little article and realize I'm not the only stay-at-home mama out there who has gotten one of these, and HATES it.
10 Things Never to Say to a Stay-at-Home Mom
Mom bloggers sound off on the worst things to say to a stay-at-home mama.
1. When the kids are older, do you think you'll get a real job?
2. How June Cleaver of you!
3. Oh, so you don't work?
4. Since you have extra time on your hands, could you whip up a few dozen brownies for the bake sale tomorrow?
5. All day with your kids? I can't even imagine.
6. I'm jealous. I wish my husband were rich so I wouldn't have to work either.
7. What do you do all day, anyway?
8. I'm sure you're not the only one who's ever wasted money on a college degree.
9. That explains why your son is so clingy!
10. Weird. I assumed your house would be superclean.
—Candy Kirby of thelaughingstork.com, with help from her Twitter followers and friends
2. How June Cleaver of you!
3. Oh, so you don't work?
4. Since you have extra time on your hands, could you whip up a few dozen brownies for the bake sale tomorrow?
5. All day with your kids? I can't even imagine.
6. I'm jealous. I wish my husband were rich so I wouldn't have to work either.
7. What do you do all day, anyway?
8. I'm sure you're not the only one who's ever wasted money on a college degree.
9. That explains why your son is so clingy!
10. Weird. I assumed your house would be superclean.
—Candy Kirby of thelaughingstork.com, with help from her Twitter followers and friends
Here is the actual link if you'd like to read it from the exact source: http://www.redbookmag.com/kids-family/advice/stay-at-home-mom-pet-peeves
Oh boy... I read this too and posted it on my facebook too! Geez... I just became a stay at home mom for about three months. And I also am in school taking four classes... WOW, NEVER DOING THAT AGAIN! lol But it is not easy at all! But very worth it :)
ReplyDeleteI am 100% with you!! Eres un gran ejemplo para mí cholita!! te quiero mucho! You know what is important in life: your child[ren] and husband.
ReplyDeleteHahahaha, ignorant people! They have no idea that mothers have the most important job in the world!
ReplyDelete